Friday, August 24, 2012

Mentor...A Matter of Principal

A lady of high moral values and principles, imbibed in her through her intensive schooling and education from the esteemed Lady Irwin College, New Delhi, Mrs. ANITA VERMA, Principal of Shanti Asiatic School, Ahmedabad has been into education for the last thirty years. “The infinite capacities of the human mind have always fascinated me. Recollections of my earliest memories go back to those childhood years. ‘Why’, ‘What’, ‘When’, ‘How’, ‘What if’ – these questions always provoked me into going deeper and deeper seeking probable answers to never ending questions” writes Mrs. Anita Verma to MENTOR …

 

My intensive schooling backed by a Masters course in Child Development and Family Relationships from the prestigious Lady Irwin College, New Delhi helped me construct upon my basic beliefs. At a time when research in child centeredness in education was just beginning to gain credence, I realised that a child’s innocent questions are actually the key to discovering her/his unique learning styles. Teaching therefore, has been a strong conscious choice for me and the three decades of my professional career have been devoted to continuous understanding and unravelling the threads of education at different levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment